My addiction

Facebook... you have become my methamphetamine! Seriously! I think about you too often. I'd like to think that it's all my friends of whom I'm thinking but I know it's just that stupid news feed. 

For no real reason I checked my friends' list the other day... 400! 400 friends! How in the world is that possible?? I really should weed it down. I know not all 400 people really care about what I'm doing on a daily basis. In fact, I know that to be true.

Instead of checking Facebook a million times a day, I'm going to occupy my time with other things. One of them being this blog. I don't think this will happen every single day but I will update it more often. Maybe this will become my addiction... will that be so bad? I don't think so because there could be some good come from it!

Here is my FB filler for the day... I think it's fantastically perfect for what I'm trying to accomplish here....

Ephesians 2:1-9 HCSB
1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins 2 in which you previously walked according to the ways of this world, according to the ruler who exercises authority over the lower heavens, the spirit now working in the disobedient. 3 We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires, carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and we were by nature children under wrath as the others were also. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, 5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses. You are saved by grace! 6 Together with Christ Jesus He also raised us up and seated us in the heavens, 7 so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace through [His] kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift- 9 not from works, so that no one can boast.

This is so amazing!

We all have allowed something to take time away from our Godly desires. For me those things, just to name a few were Facebook, TV and procrastination.

Today I'm amazed at how many times I've wanted to check my FB newsfeed! It's a little crazy, if you ask me. I have decided to fill that time with other things like.... work or pulling out my Bible app... LOL I feel a little nerdy saying that but it's true.

It's amazing how we're called out in Ephesians... or should I say it's amazing how things haven't changed much in the past 2,000 or so years. The Ephesians had the same types of problems we have... distractions to "the ruler of the lower heavens". The Devil will do whatever he needs to do to get us to redirect our focus from God, our heavenly Father. How easily redirectable we are!

Verses 6 and 7 really jump out at me...
"6 Together with Christ Jesus He also raised us up and seated us in the heavens, 7 so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace through [His] kindness to us in Christ Jesus. "

We've been seated in the heavens because of Jesus!  Why do we feel beaten by the Devil?? Christ saved us all by dying on the cross! God is literally handing eternity to us... on a platter!!! Why do we feel defeated?? Satan has been defeated by Christ but we feel that we're not worthy to say that we're seated in the heavens with Christ! WHY???

Ephesian 2:6 clearly says that we are already there!! How did we get there?? We have to believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We need to believe that Jesus is God's only begotten son. We need to believe that Jesus will come again and establish God's Kingdom on this earth. It's really that simple!

When Jesus defeated death he gave us dominion over the devil, once we truly believe this as truth we get the power. However, I think most of us don't really believe that because we let the devil have us anyway! The Devil gets his hold on us when we fall into temptation, we let him win! We let the devil have the power. He's very sneaky, that devil! He's not really that smart, he's just persistent! He knows we're weak and we have low self-esteem and he uses that so we give up devotion to Christ and give it to him! Weird! So conniving!

Think about it as if Jesus is a sports team and Satan is the other team! When the winning team wins do they give the title to the losing team? NO WAY! If they did they wouldn't have any fans left! Now think of Jesus as the winning team and Satan as the losing team. Did Jesus give Satan the trophy after he defeated death? No! Jesus' fans did!  WHAT ???????????   LOL... It's sort of silly when you think of it like that isn't it?

How do we get the trophy back on our side? Believe! Believe that Jesus really did die for our sins, that he is the only begotten son of God who will return to this earth and establish God's Kingdom so we can live in Holy Presence (1Thessalonians 4:17)!

1Thessalonian 4:17
"Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so we will always be with the Lord."

God loves us and has given us hope through his grace!

I know what you're thinking and you're right, you're not good enough... neither am I but God has given us a place in His Kingdom, we just have to tell Him we'll be there!

I am trying really hard not to let any of the temptations or distractions Satan is throwing my way to redirect my thoughts or my walk on God's path... I pray that you have the willpower and strength to do the same!

Facebook, The Big Bang Theory (TV show), Word with Friends, Draw Something, Pinterest, ESPN, CNN, your lawn, your flowerbeds, or whatever you allow to distract you is definitely not more important that focusing on God and what He has in store for us!

How do you like that Facebook Filler??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just don't understand.

Friends Forever

Next...................chapter